Wednesday, June 28, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

411
O my God! My nation goes deaf, dumb and utterly blind
Corrupt politicians and army both have made compromise,
To crush all country fellows and none to us honestly kind,
Expel the expellers from the land where are country wise,
Young, the gem of nation, spinning around sex and duty,
The scholars selling verses sitting in mosque and church,
I see women selling chastity to feed forget motherly duty,
The nation leaving for bread and butter yea all in the lurch,
Ah, where are my country youths and all honest fellows?
All slept in sex land their heavenly wit and wisdom dying,
Awake, awake my country people, starvation perils grow
Snatching bread from the children hungry hawks flying,

In my land no gas, no light to see and no bread to eat,
Murder, stealing and corruption all my country wheat