Saturday, June 24, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

382
When night falls on earth my sleeping eye awakes,
And finds sleeping the whole earth in the sound sleep,
I see God’s blessings falling on the earth like flakes,
Over the kneeling heads on carpet and all night weep,
With my opened eyes when I survey the beauty land,
Bells standing before the glass under the full moon,
Their plastic beauty making their face beauties grand,
More trembling hearts in lone I listen to its micro tone,
The foolish sees the things with eyes slave to the light,
Wise men survey the earth with their spiritual eyes,
Falling night closes the eyes with day’s falling might,
What human eyes see not but reality see all the wise

When I see my poor being in my Muse looking glass,
Time reflects on my face and creaks growing like grass