Saturday, June 24, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

380
Ah! When I see the moon in the blue, blue sky,
Twinkling star playing hide and seek with the moon,
To see my mistress’s face in the bright moon I try,
Kiss her but a murmuring voice in my ears, O Loon,
It is not the moon, but another’s hidden lover’s heart,
In which your lady lives leaving you alone in lone,
All pleasures for the lovers but gloom in the life part,
Listening to the soft voice my poor heart does moan,
I think and think more and reach at this solid point,
Like moonlit women’s love enlightens the lovers’ face,
And the first lover with her false promise does anoint,
Her coral breast and red, red cheeks, her trapping base,

Don’t believe in women’s love and the whore’s smile,
Like death women put her first lovers in the dusty file