Thursday, June 29, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

439
Your smile bursts my wounds; your kiss cuts my heart
Your love full eyes beat me; your rosy cheeks me heat
Slowly and slowly my pain increases, you know the art
Of crushing the lovers’ hearts under your soft cruel feet
My Cruel Lady, youth will not stand with your forever
Time will come when silver shines in your pretty head
The looking glass tells you the youth touches you never
But in old age you listen to the echo of my love affair
You cannot fight with time that steals your beauty grace
Your youth, rosy cheeks, soft lips and pink coral breast
Time has snatched all from you but your trembling pace
Crawling to the grave, where you will find eternal rest

O Lady my love-memories from you time cannot steel!
My love in old age will make you young and you feel