Friday, May 12, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

435
My Lady cannot stop deceiving holy lover on earth
As glow and stars, moon and light, the sun and its heat,
Walk side by side she got deceit from beauty on birth,
Evil beauty burns in beauty heat as in sun rays or feet
When I gaze on the creatures of earth, fire water and air
All are cute from all respects but all creatures’ beauty
I see in my Lady’s being but more painful her affair
That is why, to sing her praise in my lines is my duty
Beauty destroyed towers of Troy and lovers’ charity
It is devilish beauty; yea real beauty puts pity in chest
But I read in histories of love beauty created disparity
Among the nations, war broke out killing minds’ rest

Beauty that inspires mischief in earthly lovers’ head
I do call it hellish beauty crying for butter and bread