Monday, May 8, 2017

JH Sayyar's Sonnets

349
Today’s love I call O Lady! Tomorrow’s pretty woe,
When trenches and furrows will be on your pretty face,
Then I recall in my mind your pretty youth bill and coo,
Poor heart traces new love looking at your dying grace,
O Rose! Beetles hover over buds not on dying flower,
As lover worships pretty face, eyes and coral breast,
All pretty parts of body bit by bit time does all mar,
When all finish desires young live in broken heart nest,
Better for you love not; love your own pretty being
That leaves you not in wail and woe o my poor friend
Ponder over your youth in lone, your age is fast fleeing,
If you accept not my will cruel time change your trend,

My Fellow! I fall in traitor love and lose all pleasures,
Now I do face all alone on earth time drastic measures